The 33rd annual European Simulation and Modelling Conference Universitat de les Illes Balears Palma de Mallorca - Spain October 28-30, 2019
AIM OF ESM‘2019
The ESM®‘2019 (The 33rd annual European Simulation and Modelling Conference) is the original international European conference concerned with state of the art technology in modelling and simulation. ESM®‘2019 aims to provide an overview of academic research in the field of computer simulation. A number of major tracks of simulation research are presented next to specific workshops, which capture the art and science of present-day simulation research.
ESM®‘2019 covers simulation methodology, simulation applications, specialised workshops, the exhibition and last but not least the poster sessions for students.
Special emphasis during ESM®‘2019 will be put on AI, fuzzy systems and and Information Fusion, Fuzzy Theory and applications to Engineering, Medicine and Economics as organized by UIB - Universitat de les Illes Balears and a special track on IoT and Smart Industry” (Internet of Things & Industry 4.0) organized by INSAT.
The conference will be held at the UIB - Universitat de les Illes Balears.
All submissions will be peer reviewed by at least three members of the International Program Committee. Accepted papers will be published in the conference Proceedings (both print and electronic format), that will be copyrighted and widely disseminated. All talks and tutorials, must be accompanied by a paper of between three to eight Proceedings pages.
The following keynotes have been scheduled so far:
José M. Merigó, University of Chile and University of Technology (Sydney)
José Javier Ramasco, (IFISC, UIB)
and Jose Guerrero, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Palma de Mallorca, Spain Themes
The conference covers the following themes for which papers can be submitted:
- Modelling Methodology
- Modelling Simulation Tools
- Object-Orientation and Re-use
- Random Monte Carlo Simulations and Applications
- Discrete and Continuous Simulation Modelling Techniques and Tools
- Queueing Models
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Simulation and AI
- AI and Expert Systems
- AI and Neural Networks
- AI and Fuzzy Systems
- Agent Based Simulation
- Simulation and Optimization
- IoT and Smart Industry” (Internet of Things & Industry 4.0)
- High Performance/Parallel and Large Scale Computing
- Simulation in Education and Graphics/Data Visualization
- Simulation in Environmental Ecology, Marine Biology, and Biology
- Simulation in Biological Systems and Medicine
- Analytical and Numerical Modelling Techniques
- Web Based Simulation
- Cloud Based Simulation
- Physics modelling and Cosmological Simulation For more info see: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.eurosis.org_conf_esm_2019_themes.html&d=DwIFaQ&c=l45AxH-kUV29SRQusp9vYR0n1GycN4_2jInuKy6zbqQ&r=_31Kpx6U-7yLqxVCk7fQSdLdkGphpL2RA9EIbNVgGW0&m=UV6HAJuPzL0zkwglvt3N6-fCuqvAxqWaO_r7SyZn314&s=5Gbl3ErsKfxnTNoczjpTzvg7S08YmM0JnBYHseoGbBQ&e=
The conference will feature the following workshops for which papers can be submitted:
- Information Fusion, Fuzzy Theory and applications to Engineering, Medicine and Economics
- Simulation in Energy and Power Systems
- Renewable Energy Technologies
- Simulation in Engineering Processes
- Simulation in Model Driven Engineering
- Simulation-based evaluation of interactive systems
- Simulation and Modelling for humanitarian/emergency operations
- Supply Chain Scheduling
- Predictive Models in Software Engineering
- Intelligent Systems
- Real-time GPS Simulation and Service Applications
- Simulation with Petri Nets
- Simulation with Bond Graphs
- Fluid Flow Modelling Simulation
- Models and simulations for Emergency and Risk Management For more info see: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.eurosis.org_conf_esm_2019_workshops.html&d=DwIFaQ&c=l45AxH-kUV29SRQusp9vYR0n1GycN4_2jInuKy6zbqQ&r=_31Kpx6U-7yLqxVCk7fQSdLdkGphpL2RA9EIbNVgGW0&m=UV6HAJuPzL0zkwglvt3N6-fCuqvAxqWaO_r7SyZn314&s=pNyDCUY6QQfMmeLmxez5OvJyn9L-AH07LfFWgEMbr0E&e=
Other workshops proposals should be emailed to [email protected] before APRIL 15, 2019.
Tutorials can be proposed in the following three categories:
T1- Introductory tutorials
T2- State of the Art Tutorials
T3- Software and Modelware Tutorials
Tutorial proposals should be emailed to [email protected] before APRIL 15, 2019.
The poster session only features work in progress. Next to the actual poster presentation, these submissions also feature as short papers in the Proceedings.
This session is for students who want to present their work in progress or part of their doctoral thesis as a paper. Student papers are denoted by the fact that only the name of the student appears on the paper as an author. They are published as short papers in the Proceedings.
For demonstrations or video sessions, please contact EUROSIS. Special session will be set up for vendor presentations in co-ordination with the scientific program. User Group meetings for simulation languages and tools can be organised the day before the conference. If you would like to arrange a meeting, please contact the Conference Chairs. We will be happy to provide a meeting room and other necessary equipment. Partners for projects session(s) will be organised by EUROSIS to give potential project teams or individuals the opportunity to present their research in order to link up with fellow researchers for future research projects. Those wishing to participate in this session need to send a proposal to EUROSIS. A EUROSIS TC Meeting and an EU Project update meeting
A special exhibition will be held during the conference focused on industrial applications. For more information please contact EUROSIS for further details. Email: [email protected]
EARLY BIRD SUBMISSION DEADLINE: JUNE 10TH, 2019 SUBMISSION DEADLINE: JULY 5TH, 2019 > JULY 20TH, 2019 LATE SUBMISSION DEADLINE: JULY 30TH, 2019 NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE OR REJECTION: FROM SEPTEMBER 2, 2019 ONWARDS Authors provide camera-ready manuscript: OCTOBER 1ST, 2019 CONFERENCE at Universitat de les Illes Balears, Palma de Mallorca, Spain: OCTOBER 28-30, 2019
Send all submissions in an ELECTRONIC FORM ONLY in (zipped) Microsoft Word format, or PDF format (preferred submission)indicating the designated track and type of submission (full paper or an extended abstract) to EUROSIS ([email protected]). Please provide your name, affiliation, full mailing address, telephone / fax number and Email address on all submissions as well. For submissions please put in the subject of your Email the following indications: ESM®‘2019 and designated track or USE THE ONLINE SUBMISSION FORM which will come online this week.
Only original papers, which have not been published elsewhere, will be accepted for publication Journal Publication
Only accepted and presented extended papers are eligible for journal publication in any of the journals listed here.
In order to ensure the quality of the proceedings, Thomson-Reuters ISI and IET will receive the listing of the actually presented papers, next to the copies of the Proceedings.
EUROSIS Proceedings are indexed by Thomson ISI, IET (INSPEC), SCOPUS and Engineering Village
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.comses.net/events/520/