The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering in the P.C. Rossin College of Engineering and Applied Science at Lehigh University is seeking a multi-disciplinary post-doctoral scientist with experience in process-based hydrologic modeling and/or agent-based modeling (ABM) to work on research projects related to water-food-energy-environment nexus at watershed and regional scales. As part of a multi-disciplinary team of water scientists and engineers, the selected candidate is expected to participate in the development of an integrated complex distributed water systems model and apply it to understand effects of variations in the hydrologic cycle and climate change on coupled human-natural systems.
This is a one-year position (starting salary as $55,000 with benefit) with the possibility of extension for the following years depends on work performance and available funding. The position is immediately available and with a flexible start date before 2019/05/01.
• Ph.D. in Civil and Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Natural Resources Management, Geography, Computer Science or similar fields;
• Coding experience in Python, R, Matlab, or C++;
•Research experience in developing and applying hydrologic models in water resources, including knowledge of optimization and water resources system analysis;
•Experience with RiverWare or any ABM software (e.g. NetLogo) is a major plus;
• Experience conducting original research and publishing in peer-reviewed scientific journals;
1. Running an agent-based model that coupled with a river-reservoir routing model: RiverWare to simulate influences of human decisions at watershed level regarding energy-water nexus;
2. Developing an agent-based model that coupled with RiverWare to simulate influences of human decisions at a regional level regarding energy-water nexus. This study area will be the Colorado River and the RiverWare software will be the Colorado River Simulation System (CRSS);
3. Participating in other research work in the Complex Adaptive Water System (CAWS) research group, located at Lehigh University
Application Materials Required
The postdoc will report directly to Prof. Y. C. Ethan Yang. Please send the following material in one single PDF file 1) letter of interest (describing applicants’ research experience and interests), 2) CV with a list of publications, 3) contact info of two references (name and email) and/or questions to [email protected] The position will remain open until filled.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.comses.net/jobs/395/