The International Workshop on Multi-Agent Systems Technology and Semantics
in conjunction with
The 17th International Conference on Control Systems and Computer Science (CSCS17)
Bucharest, 26-29 May, 2009
The MASTS 2009 Workshop on Multi-Agent Systems Technology and Semantics will bring together researchers and practioners who are working on or are interested in exploring novel approaches to multi-agent systems development and the use of multi-agent systems technology in building innovative applications.
The goal of the workshop is to present and discuss ideas and developments related to two converging areas of research and applications, namely multi-agent systems and semantic technology. The workshop aims to focus on issues such as: the semantic role of agents in building complex distributed applications, the collective and cognitive dimensions of the multi-agent systems paradigm, and the use of agents in the development and deployment of semantic web services.
Call for Papers
The workshop welcomes high-quality papers including, but not limited to the following topics:
Technologies for modeling and development of agent based systems
- novel architectures for multiagent systems
- semantic based agent interaction protocols and negotiation
- multi-agent planning
- multi-agent coordination techniques
- multi-agent learning
- self-organizing multi-agent systems
- emerging behaviour in agent systems
Agent systems and semantics
- the role of shared ontologies in agent systems
- agent systems and Semantic Web technologies
- ontologies for agent cooperation and coordination
- semantic interoperability
- semantic agent communities and applications
Novel agent applications
- agents for Web services and semantic Web services
- agent systems for modeling business processes
- business processes interoperability based on agents and semantics
- agent systems for Grid or cloud computing and the Semantic Grid
- agent systems for developing complex applications
- agent based systems and ambient intelligence
- conversational agents for innovative applications
The workshop is organized in conjunction with the 17th International Conference on Control Systems and Computer Science (CSCS17)and will be held at the University Politehnica of Bucharest. The workshop will begin on Thursday morning, May 28 and will run through May 29 at noon.
Paper Submission and Publication
High-quality papers in all MASTS topic areas are solicited.
Paper submissions should be limited to a maximum of 8 pages (long papers) in the IEEE 2-column format.
Extended abstracts (up to 4 pages) may be submitted for short papers and system presentations.
All submitted papers will be reviewed by the Program Committee on the basis of originality, technical quality, relevance, and clarity.
Prospective authors must submit their papers electronically through http://aimas.cs.pub.ro/CRP (available after 15 January 2009).
Paper submission is to be in PDF format.
All CSCS17 conference and workshop proceedings will be available on CD-ROM support for registered participants.
Conference and workshop post-proceedings with presented papers are to be published by IEEE Computer Society
Conference Publishing Services (CPS) – agreement under way.
Workshop participants are requested to register for the CSCS17 Conference.
There will be a joint reception for all of the CSCS17 workshops participants on Thursday evening.
At least one author of an accepted paper is requested to register in order for the paper to be published.
- Electronic submission of full papers: 23 February, 2009
- Notification of paper acceptance: 30 March, 2009
- Camera-ready copies of accepted papers: 24 April, 2009
- Workshop: 28-29 May, 2009
Contact: [email protected]
Amal El Fallah Seghrouchni – University Pierre and Marie Curie, France
Adina Magda Florea – University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania
Viorel Negru – West University of Timisoara, Romania
CSCS17 Conference site
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.comses.net/events/34/