MiniDemographicABM.jl: A simplified agent-based demographic model of the UK (1.3.0)
This package implements a simplified non-calibrated agent-based demographic model of the UK. Individuals of an initial population are subject to ageing, deaths, births, divorces and marriages. The main purpose of the model is to explore and exploit capabilities of the state-of-the-art Agents.jl Julia package. Additionally, the model can serve as a base model to be adjusted to realistic large-scale socio-economics, pandemics or social interactions-based studies mainly within a demographic context. A specific case-study simulation is progressed with a user-defined simulation fixed step size on a hourly, daily, weekly, monthly basis or even an arbitrary user-defined clock rate.
- V1.3 (23.10.23): improved specification / documentation
- V1.2 (27.9.23): Equivalent simulation program based on ABMSim Version 0.7
- V1.2.1 (11.10.23): ABMSim V0.7.2 for removing the cause of Agents.jl performance drop when using ABMSim
- V1.1 (28.7.2023): - Model documentation as a pdf and unified naming convention of model parameters
- V1.0 (22.2.2023) : First initial implementation exploring various capabilities of Agents.jl as a demonstration of how to implement an abstract demographic ABM, not yet calibrated. A space type was implemented as a demonstration. A comprehensive set of unit tests is included. Blue style coding convetions are followed.
 Atiyah Elsheikh, Specification of MiniDemographicABM.jl: A simplified agent-based demographic model of the UK. Technical report, arXiv:2307.16548, 2023
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.comses.net/codebases/e4727972-7bf7-4a30-9682-5c366e2ae067/releases/1.3.0