NetLogo BehaviourSpace on the Cloud

Dear Colleagues,

David Hales and I have been looking at how to do massively parallel runs of NetLogo simulation models on the Cloud. Something like (a) design your runs using NetLogo’s BehaviorSpace (b) upload the model to the cloud © run it on the cloud (d) get the resulting table of results back.

We are wondering how many people would be interested in something like this. Please email me, [email protected] by 26th May if you are.

Thanks

Dear Bruce,

Apologies for necromancering this post but I wanted to let you know that we are starting to look into building support for this for a variety of modeling platforms (including NetLogo) in the coming year (probably middle-to-late 2020). The idea is to first containerize your models, then provide some supporting scripts / libraries to handle the parameterization + model execution + joining the results back into a coherent data pile on which to perform further output analysis.

This would in theory work on cloud compute resources or high-throughput computing on the Open Science Grid or submitting to your local HPC with Singularity.

We’d love to hear about your experiences with this and how you got it working!