Postdoc @ Institute of Crop Science and Research Conversation (University of Bonn)
he Crop Science Group within the Institute of Crop Science and Research Conservation (INRES) at the University of Bonn is offering a Post-Doc position (E13 TV-L / 100%) for a period of up to 3 years. The Crop Science group at University of Bonn has a strong focus on developing dynamic, process based models for crop and agroecosystem management. The models are used among others to predict impacts of climate or management changes on crop production as well as eco-system services provision by agricultural land. A central tool of the research activities is the modelling platform SIMPLACE (simplace.net). In addition, the group is involved in teaching within the BSc course “Agricultural Sciences” as well as several MSc courses (“Crop Science”, “Agricultural Research in the Tropics and Subtropics”, “Nature Protection and Landscape Ecology”). The Post-Doc will participate both in teaching and research activities.
- Development of model sub-routines within the SIMPLACE modelling platform
- Developing your own field of research related to model applications in cropping systems and digital agriculture
- Quality assessment of model routines
- Teaching in BSc and MSc courses
- Supervising graduate and under-graduate students related to our field experiments
- Publishing in peer reviewed journals and presentations at conferences
- An excellent PhD degree in agricultural sciences, soil sciences, informatics or disciplines related to digital farming
- Experience in developing dynamic, process-based models
- Familiar with at least one object-oriented programming language
- Working at a German University of Excellence
- An open, stimulating work environment promoting inter-disciplinary research
- Participation in a Cluster of Excellence and in other on-going research projects
- The opportunity of conducting innovative research in the area of agro-ecosystems modelling and digital farming
- 100% TVL E13 on the salary scale
The position will be located at the University of Bonn in the West of Germany. Applicants with more than three years of experience in scientific research may be eligible for additional upgrades. Ideal starting date of the position would be February 2021.
The University of Bonn is committed to diversity and equal opportunity. It is certified as a family-friendly university and aims to increase the number of women employed in areas where women are underrepresented and to promote their careers. To that end, it urges women with relevant qualifications to apply. Applications will be handled in accordance with the Landesgleichstellungsgesetz (State Equality Act).
Applications from suitable candidates with a certified disability or equivalent status are particularly welcome. Applications (CV including diploma certificates/transcripts, list of publications, statement of research interests and achievements, addresses of two references) should be sent via E-Mail until 15 December 2020 to Dr. Thomas Gaiser and Prof. Dr. Frank Ewert (Email: [email protected]-bonn.de) with all documents in one PDF file.
For further information concerning our research group you can visit http://www.lap.uni-bonn.de/home?set_language=en.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.comses.net/jobs/505/