Third ICST International Conference on Simulation Tools and Techniques Sponsored by ICST and Create-Net March 15-19, 2010 - Malaga, Spain http://www.simutools.org
Call for Workshops
SIMUTools 2010 is the Third International Conference on Simulation Tools
and Techniques. The aim of the conference is to bring academic and industry researchers together with practitioners (from both the simulation community and from the numerous simulation user communities). The conference will address current and future trends in simulation techniques, models and practices, and foster interdisciplinary collaborative research in this area.
While the main focus of the conference is on simulation tools, the
conference also encourages the submission of broader theoretical and
practical research contributions.
We invite proposals for one-day workshops that are to be held in conjunction with the main conference and are intended to complement it. Example topics of interest for prospective workshops may address the use of simulation in a given context (e.g., system production, software engineering, collaborative environments, virtual reality, etc.) or in a given application domain (e.g., healthcare, manufacturing, transportation, automotive, etc.), as well as specific simulation tools and methodologies (see, e.g., the ongoing workshops on NS3 and Omnet++).
Prospective workshop organizers may combine these and other topics into a
coherent theme and set up a workshop proposal that includes the following
- Title of the proposed workshop (full name and short name)
- Profile of workshop organizers (including affiliations, contact info and brief biography)
- Theme of the workshop and topics of interest, and how these relate to the main conference
- Tentative list of Program Committee members
- Description of the submission and revision procedure
- Preliminary Call for Papers
- Expected number of accepted papers
- Expected number of attendees
- Estimated time schedules
Workshop proposals (max two pages) should be submitted to
[email protected] by the deadline below.
Prospective workshop organizers may contact the workshop chair at the same email address for expression of interests and content appropriateness at any time.
The organizers of accepted workshops will be responsible for:
- building and updating the workshop web site
- getting sponsorships (optional)
- soliciting papers
- coordinating reviews (at least three reviews per submission are required)
- corresponding with the authors and the organizers of the main conference
- adhering to the proceedings publication procedure and constraints
- participating to the workshop (at least one organizer has to attend)
Workshop organization proposal deadline : July 6, 2009
Notification of workshop acceptance : July 13, 2009
Workshop paper submission deadline : to be decided by WS organizers
Workshop papers camera-ready deadline : January 12, 2010
Workshop dates in Malaga : March 15 or 19, 2010
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.comses.net/events/54/