Apologies for Cross Posting
We would like to inform you that we have proposed the creation of a Special Interest Group in Complex Systems Simulation under the auspices of the CAA. The proposal has been accepted for consideration by the CAA Steering Committee and will be voted on at the next Annual General Meeting during the CAA conference in Siena. The aim of the group is to provide a platform for present and future researchers in the domain of complex system simulation. In particular we will strive to:
- provide continuity to the sessions and workshops concerned with computational modelling at the annual CAA conference and beyond,
- organise, coordinate and inform all interested members of other events related to complexity science and simulation,
- organise events aimed at training future modellers and the general archaeological audience,
- promote good practice in computational modelling,
- in the long term, bring simulation and other complexity science methods into mainstream archaeological practice.
We will discuss these points, as well as further logistical details of the day-to-day activities of the Special Interest Group (including electing of a steering committee) at a roundtable meeting at the CAA 2015 in Siena.
In the meantime, please do let us know by replying to this email ([email protected]). If you are interested in participating in the roundtable, would like to be added to the mailing list, think your research group/independently organised event/blog etc may benefit from association with the group or simply would like to keep in touch. Please feel free to pass this message on to anyone who, you believe, may be interested.
Many thanks and best regards,
Iza Romanowska (University of Southampton, UK)
Joan A. Barceló (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain)
Florencia del Castillo (CENPAT-CONICET, Argentina)